With the last stretch of the academic year in full swing, this can be a stressful time. To combat the busy season and all the nasty things that come with it, we have Rooibos! Rooibos tea not only tastes good but also has so many benefits attached to it. Its more than that weird drink your grandmother gulps on hot days.
Let’s take a look at the list of seven amazing health benefits of Rooibos tea!
- Rooibos tea has no caffeine this is why doctors recommend people who suffer from insomnia to drink it before attempting to sleep.
- Rooibos tea contains an organic chemical called polyphenols. Polyphenols are good for you as they can help prevent degenerative diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
- Rooibos tea is also a good stress reliever.
- Rooibos tea can relieve respiratory conditions and thus can help reduce blood pressure and other hypertensive conditions.
- Rooibos tea contains minerals such as fluoride, calcium and magnesium making it good for your strengthening bones.
- The content of zinc and alpha hydroxyl acid enables rooibos tea to be good for the skin. Applying red tea powder directly onto the skin can help get rid of acne, pimples or sunburns.
- Rooibos tea contains the antioxidant Aspalathin. This antioxidant can balance blood sugar and thus rooibos tea can prevent spikes in people who already have diabetes.